Customer Experience Coordinator
We are searching for a Customer Experience Coordinator. At StormSensor, our customers are our reason for being. Our objective as the CX team is to do whatever it takes to help our customers accomplish their goals with the help of StormSensor. This means that life in CX brings something different each day—whether it is deep diving into the technical aspects of flow modeling or sensor network design; talking product with our hardware or data science teams; helping our cities understand and act on the data we provide; or working in the field with installation crews to get our sensor networks into the ground. Internally, the CX team represents the voice of the customer to our colleagues and are an important part of the sales and marketing process.
You love talking to people about water and are passionate about helping cities adapt and thrive in an uncertain climate future. Communication skills are paramount as your job is to work directly with public works employees, engineers, contractors, analysts, scientists, and even the public. You are great at reaching out and following up with customers, partners, and contractors. Most of all, you want to delight our customers through both their product experience and their working relationship with StormSensor, and you enjoy seeing people succeed – with your help, of course!
You thrive in the field and in front of customers, contractors, and crews. You are excited to get your hands dirty while leading and managing field efforts. We work with built infrastructure and physical sensor networks, so there is no substitute for getting out there and doing things.
As a growing startup, we are also looking for high-growth candidates. In your application, tell us about what drives you, your career goals, and how we can help you get there!
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to solve any problem you put your mind to, or at the very least you can figure out the best person to solve that problem.
- Convinced that anything is possible! It’s just a matter of figuring out how.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You have the courage to get through toughsituations and tough times.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team membersand customers.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Able to bounce back from failure and realize you’re not in this alone.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes,you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
The CX team consists of CX Managers, who own specific customer accounts; CX Associates, who are the Scientists and Engineers working together with the CX Managers; and CX Technicians, who provide the boots-on-the-ground project support and oversight. The CX team is primarily forward-deployed and are responsible for making each customer successful in accomplishing their goals and be delighted by StormSensor. This process includes onboarding and deploying initial networks with new customers, ensuring that the customers understand and are adopting the data and insights from StormSensor, creating a definition of success, and maintaining an ongoing relationship with the customer. Success in all these functions results in renewals, network expansions, and upgrades.
As the CX Coordinator, you will function as the connective tissue of the CX team. In an office-based role, you will ensure that the CX team has the resources, reports, and data available for them to be successful when working at customer sites. You will monitor an ongoing field support channel to support and guide crews actively in the field, including contractors. In coordination with the CX Managers, you also liaise with customers, consultants, and contractors to ensure that all stakeholders are pulling together to the same goals. You will provide ongoing review of customer accounts and work with the CX Manager to paint a picture for the customer with our data. Finally, as you will observe every single StormSensor customer project, you are in the unique position to identify team- and company-level issues as they arise and make connections between customers.
With other StormSensor teams, you will work closely with our Warehouse Manager on logistics, inventory, and procurement. You will also work with the Data team closely, in gathering routine and ad hoc data analysis requirements from the CX team and making sure that they are correctly specified and completed. Finally, you will gather and consolidate CX team feedback for the benefit of the Hardware, Product, and Data teams.
Specific tasks include:
- Provide on-call support for forward-deployed CX teams and contractors. This includes configuring new installations in software, loading and observing data, and answering ad hoc requests.
- Manage logistics, inventory, and procurement.
- Project manage large deployments and coordinate StormSensor efforts with customers, consultants, and contractors.
- Diagnose and consolidate feedback and recurring issues surfaced by CX team.
- Conduct ongoing and as-needed review of customer accounts.
- Coordinate with Data team on customer-related data analysis tasks.
- Facilitate intra-team communication, including software and release updates to internal teams and customers.
- Communicate out StormSensor success stories by writing case studies based on data generated from our Scute™ sensor networks, Terrapin-Ai analytics, and SURFR risk analysis software, and working with Sales and Marketing teams.
- Define and implement standards/procedures for ensuring optimal customer experience.
- 3+ years of experience in project management, coordination, or operations roles.
- B.S./M.S. in civil/environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, or related field, OR prior demonstrated ability to develop technical subject matter expertise.
- Experience in data science, stormwater modeling, sewer/hydraulic engineering, and/or urban geography/GIS a plus.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Travel under <25% as needed. Travel responsibilities may be greater than 50% for the first several months for training and customer introductions.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: salary (depends on experience) + commission
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
- Comprehensive benefits package, including company-sponsored health insurance
To apply: email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CX Coordinator” in the subject line.
Note concerning travel during COVID-19 pandemic: StormSensor is considered an essential service provider (water/wastewater) and continues to travel to customer cities during the pandemic. We follow all CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our team and our customers.