We are searching for a Sales Development Representative. At StormSensor, our customers are our reason for being. Our objective as the sales team is to do whatever it takes to help our customers accomplish their goals with the help of StormSensor.
You love talking to people about water and are passionate about helping cities adapt and thrive in an uncertain climate future. Communication skills are paramount as your job is to work directly with public works employees, engineers, contractors, analysts, scientists, and even the public. You are great at reaching out and following up with customers, partners, and contractors. Most of all, you want to delight our customers through both their product experience and their working relationship with StormSensor, and you enjoy seeing people succeed – with your help, of course!
In this era of remote work, you are performant while working remotely from home – but you must also thrive in the field and in front of customers. You are excited to get your hands dirty, seeing firsthand challenges prospective customers face. You enjoy building a sales pipeline, giving product presentations and exceeding sales goals.
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to solve any problem you put your mind to, or at the very least you can figure out the best person to solve that problem.
- Convinced that anything is possible! It’s just a matter of figuring out how.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You have the courage to get through tough situations and tough times.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team members and customers.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Able to bounce back from failure and realize you’re not in this alone.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
Specific tasks include:
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods via phone, email, and research on the internet (customer websites & associations attendee lists) and Gmail alerts.
- Communicating with customers and your StormSensor Sales Team, making outbound calls to potential customers and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities
- The ability to engage with prospects and confidently share product and company information.
- Lead generation is the main responsibility, moving leads through a sales pipeline
- Identifies challenges and provides practical solutions to prospects
- Provide positive insights as a product knowledge specialist
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team by providing innovative lead generation ideas and outbound strategies to each weekly meeting
- 3-5 years of experience
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of governmental municipalities and consulting engineering firms for the stormwater and wastewater industry or the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo and remotely as well as being a productive team member, making a significant number of outbound calls every day
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Proven experience with outbound cold calls and lead generation. The ability to ask relevant questions to develop a warm interest in a StormSensor product demonstration.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: base + commission + performance-based bonuses
- Stock ownership
- Company-paid health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “SDR” in the subject line.
Note concerning travel during COVID-19 pandemic: StormSensor is considered an essential service provider (water/wastewater) and continues to travel to customer cities during the pandemic. We follow all CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our team and our customers.